Updates for Residents & Family Members
Direct questions to email@example.com or call (847) 492.4651.
For press inquiries, call (847) 868.5930.
December 1, 2022
We hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. As the holiday season is upon us and the holiday lights are shining, we are thankful we can enjoy these times with friends and family. However, please keep in mind that, along with this being cold and flu season, the transmission rate for COVID-19 in our area is high.
Please take precautions to stay healthy, even in the midst of holiday gatherings and activities. The following steps can protect you from COVID-19, cold, and flu:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water; if this is not possible, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. This can help prevent contamination with germs.
- Avoid close contact with others who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick or feel ill.
- Keep your immune system strong by getting plenty of sleep, drinking plenty of fluids, eating nutritious food, and staying physically active.
UPDATE ON COVID-19 IN OUR COMMUNITY:
As mentioned in our November 17 communication, reports of COVID-19 cases reported in our community are now issued on a biweekly basis.
This update encompasses the period from November 18 to 29. During those weeks, we learned that four residents in Independent Living tested positive for COVID-19.
The Mather has interviewed the individuals to determine if they were in close contact with residents and/or employees (meaning within 6 feet of anyone for more than 15 minutes), and notified any affected individuals.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask me.
Take care and stay well.